The Vertebral Subluxation Complex is the underlying cause of many health problems.
Nervous System Function
When there is not interference, your nervous system controls the healthy function of virtually every cell, tissue, organ and system in your body.
A SUBLUXATION, or the Vertebrae Subluxation Complex, is a serious condition identified by its five parts:
1. Abnormal motion or position of spinal bones: The bones of the spine have lost their normal motion and position. This can restrict your ability to turn and bend. It sets in motion the other four components.
2. Abnormal nervous system function: Improper spinal function can choke, stretch, or irritate delicate nerve tissue. The resulting nervous system dysfunction can cause symptoms elsewhere in the body.
3. Abnormal muscle function: Muscles supporting the spine can weaken, atrophy, or become tight and go into spasm. The resulting scar tissue can change muscle tone, requiring repeated spinal adjustments.
4. Abnormal soft tissue function: A rise in temperature from an increase in blood or lymph supply can result in swelling and inflammation. Discs can bulge, herniate, tear, or degenerate. Other soft tissues may suffer permanent damage.
5. Abnormal function of the spine and body: Bone spurs and other abnormal bony growths attempt to fuse malfunctioning spinal joints. This spinal decay, scar tissue, and long-term nerve dysfunction can cause other systems of the body to fail.
What’s the Cause?
A subluxation describes what happens when spinal bones lose their normal motion or position from stress, trauma, or chemical imbalance.
Automobile collisions, improper lifting, drugs, alcohol, emotional stress, chemical imbalances, and long periods of sitting can all cause a subluxation.
Instead of just treating your symptoms, your chiropractor is primarily interested in detecting, reducing, and correcting the subluxation.
The Chiropractic Lifestyle
Dr. Ram Parikh, Doctor of Chiropractic, is an expert in the care of the bones, nerves, muscles and connective tissues that make up about 60% of your body. All of the joints in your body are part of this musculo-skeletal system and its optimal function is necessary for overall good health. Dr. Parikh carefully develops a care plan based on your health, symptoms and condition.